As a volunteer you will:
- Have the opportunity to interact with clients and engage them in various activities
- Lead and supervise program activities ranging from fitness activities to creative arts
- Enhance your skills, add to your resume, and most importantly, have fun!
How to Apply
A volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club of York Region enjoys working with children and youth and is an enthusiastic role model who is willing to set a good example.
The process for becoming a volunteer:
- Fill out an application, and return it to the BGCYR
• Scan and e-mail
• Drop it off at the Front Desk
- The 3 references listed on the application will be contacted. You can also include letters of references if you have them. Family members, spouses or equivalent do not qualify as references. Examples of people who qualify include teachers, coaches, co-workers, friends of the family, neighbours, etc.
- You will be invited to attend an orientation session by phone and/or e-mail once your references have been completed. Once the three steps have been completed, you can begin volunteering.